If you are a fishing enthusiast who loves to participate in this sport then you would have noticed that bowfishing is an exhilarating activity. A large number of amateur as well as professional anglers love bowfishing as it not only enriches your fishing experience but also provides you a fun hunting experience. However, if you want a great catch you need to make sure that you have the right equipment. Bowfishing reels are specifically designed for hunting fish and will make your fishing stint successful.
Bowfishing reels have many varieties and one can choose the right one according to their fishing requirements. Many amateur anglers go for a bowfishing spincast reel that is easy to operate while the professional ones go for braid casters but there is no hard and fast rule. Let us look at the different bowfishing reels so that you can zero in on the one that best matches your requirements.
Quick Overview - Best Bowfishing Reel 2021
Quick Comparison - Best Bowfishing Reels 2021
It is good to get all the necessary information before investing your hard-earned money in a bowfishing reel. If you know the different features to look out for and are also knowledgeable about the terminology then it becomes easier for you to get the best bowfishing reel according to your requirements. So, we are here to make things easy for you and have come up with the different aspects that you need to consider in order to get a great bowfishing set up and that too without burning a hole in your pocket. Let us look at each of these features in detail.
The Best Bowfishing Reels – Our Top Picks 2021
The Best Bowfishing Reel
- All-inclusive kit to get you started on Bowfishing
- Includes the following:
- AMS Bowfishing – Retriever Pro Bowfishing Reel
- AMS Bowfishing – Tidal Wave Arrow Rest
- 2 AMS Bowfishing Chaos FX Arrows
- Good quality product that is made in the USA.
- If you choose to purchase this item, please note that it doesn’t come with the necessary allen wrenches to install or adjust it
The AMS Bowfishing Retriever Pro Combo is an all-inclusive kit for all your bowfishing needs. This kit comes with the AMS Retriever Pro Reel and a Tidal Wave arrow rest along with two Chaos fiberglass arrows that have safety slides installed. All you need to do is to just mount all these to your bow and you are ready to get an awesome catch.
The best part about this kit is that it is completely manufactured in the USA and provides a good quality product at a reasonable price. Many professional anglers have benefitted enormously from AMS Bowfishing Retriever Kit as it is easy to use and provides a great fishing experience. If you are looking forward to get a gift for family member or friend who is an avid bowfishing enthusiast then this is a good option as its great quality and ease of use make it a popular choice among anglers.
The Best Value Bowfishing Reel
- The wheel rocker in this reel can easily swap between both your hands
- Has an external rocker arm that is made up of stainless-steel and has a counterbalanced rocker arm that helps you take a shot easily without using much force
- This reel can be used for both slingshot fishing and bow fishing
- The internal gears are very smooth as they are made of die-cast alloy material
- The exterior is made up of corrosion resistant materials so that you can easily carry it outdoors
- Mixed reviews about quality and workmanship compared to higher cost products
The bowfishing reel system used by SinoArt is advanced and efficient. You need to press the button at the end of the wheel before taking a shot. You can retract the guide posts of the wrapped wires into the cover and that too without obstructing the outlet. Once you make the shot the rocker arm gets shaken and the column pops up to in order to complete the winding action.
The Sino Art bowfishing reel system is one of the most versatile bowfishing systems on the market. It is because you can use it with either hand and it can even be used for bowfishing setup or a slingshot. The insides of the reel are made sturdy by using a die cast allow so that they can handle everything that you shoot. There is an external rocker arm that ensures that you get the perfect balance when using this amazing bowfishing reel. Wondering whether you can take this reel near the ocean? You need not worry as its exterior is made up of corrosion resistant material so it will not get damaged. The best part is that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get this reel as it is reasonably priced and is the best value for money.
The Best Bowfishing Reel in Terms of Strength
- Revolutionary design that enables you to brake and reel simultaneously
- Comes with a ceramic string guide that is adjustable and durable for a smoother string feed
- Easy one-hand operation
- Great durability provided by the ceramic string guide
- Every bow gets a perfect fit with its vertical and horizontal adjustments
- Some people may find it difficult to use the reel with both hands
Bowfishing can be very taxing for your reel as it is a fishing technique where it may face constant wear and tear. The Cajun Winch Pro Bowfishing Reel Kit is meant for harsh environments and you need not think twice before investing in this one if you are looking for a sturdy reel at an affordable price point. Moreover, this one has a great design that enables you to brake and reel at the same time and this helps you get more fish making the day’s effort worth it. The Cajun Winch Pro Bowfishing Reel Kit includes 25 yards of 250 lbs. of line, two arrows with piranha points, a Brush Fire arrow rest along with slides and stops.
The Best Bowfishing Reel in Terms of Durability
- Easy to install and adjust
- Before taking the shot, you don’t have to push any buttons unlike the conventional reels
- Fits shooters of all heights because of the telescoping clamp
- Corrosion-resistant and can be used in both saltwater and freshwater
- Has been tested for tournaments
- UV-Resistant and has a transparent blue line bottle with high visibility
- Manufactured in the USA
- Includes 200-lb test Dacron line
- You need to pull on the rubber cord in order to pull the line in. This is done to provide traction between the reel and the line, which in turn helps you reel your line back in. However, when you pull harder it gets more difficult to reel the line inside
The 610 Retriever Pro Bow Fishing Reel is a great tool for people who love bowfishing. It is a premium bowfishing reel that has many interesting features such as a drag-less design along with an intuitive trigger that helps in faster retrieving. So, if you are looking for a reel that has an amazing design and a number of exciting features then you should invest in the 610 Retriever Pro Bow Fishing Reel.
The best part about this reel is that it will work well for you regardless of your height. It is because it comes with a telescoping clamp that has different adjustments that fit all types of shooters. Also, if you fish regularly in saltwater then you should go for this noncorrodible reel because its components are made from metal as well as tough plastic and are designed to last longer than your average bowfishing reel.
Best Bowfishing Reels - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Your choice of a bowfishing reel would depend on the type of bowfishing that you like to pursue. Also, if you are a beginner then it is better to go for a basic spincaster reel that is easier to handle. As you gain more experience, you should go for retrieve reels that require a certain level of expertise and work well for hunting big game fish. Also, get a good fishing vest so that you are able to organize all your fishing equipments in a better way.
Many beginners prefer using the basic hunting bows for bowfishing. However, you should take care that the draw weight is not too high or low as both have their disadvantages. If the draw weight is too low then the arrow will not have the required speed. Also, if the draw weight is too high it will go straight through the fish. So, the trick is to use a bow according to your experience and strength.
Bowfishing reels vary according to the methods used for retrieval. Some bows employ a spool whereas many others look like a bottle. Apart from the bow, you will also need to keep in mind the type of fishing arrows that you will be using. To cut through the water with ease the modern bowfishing arrows are generally heavier than the conventional ones.
Happy Bow Fishing!
Bowfishing is all about the hunt! We hope that we have provided you all the necessary answers regarding fishing reels so that you can make an informed choice about the one that matches your requirements. Good luck, and hope you have a great bowfishing experience!