Inshore fishing is carried out in shallow waters as you look forward to catch smaller fish that usually weigh less than 20 pounds. So, a good s rod used for inshore fishing should weigh less and so that you can catch a good size fish. Spinning rods are a great option for inshore fishing mainly because they can be used by novice as well as experienced anglers alike. There are so many options that you can select from and the cost varies from low to high.
We have selected the best inshore spinning rods for you that are not only under $100 but also durable and have a great performance. We are confident that you will find a rod that matches your needs and has a variety of applications.
Quick Overview - Best Inshore Spinning Rod under $100 in 2020
Quick Comparison - Best Inshore Spinning Rods
There are several parameters that you should keep in mind before investing in an inshore spinning rod. We have explained them here so that you are able to make the best choice.
The Best Inshore Spinning Rod under $100 – Our Top Picks
The Best All Around Inshore Spinning Rod
- This rod is great for anglers who like a high-performance rod without spending much
- Has a mid-modulus graphite fiber that has a higher strain rate as compared to other common fibers
- This rod is lightweight, sensitive, and durable
- The premium-grade cork handle ensures that you have a strong grip on your fishing rod
- The best part is that this rod comes with a 5-year warranty that is backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Most components of the rod are good quality but the reel seat locks are not that great in terms of durability
The St Croix Triumph Spinning Rods ensure that you get to know when your fish bites the bait as it is made up of highly sensitive carbon fiber. These rods are not only used by experienced professionally but are also popular with amateur anglers because of their ease of use and great performance. Graphite provides strength, durability and also high sensitivity to these rods. Also, its hook-setting power ensures that you get the best catch while you are out there on your fishing retreat. Not only this, the St Croix Triumph Spinning Rods are easy to transport with their two-piece construction that makes it easier to store them.
Features & Specs
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Contains hard aluminum-oxide guides with black frames
- Fuji DPS reel seat with frosted silver hoods on spinning models
- Fuji ECS or TCS reel seat with frosted silver hood on casting models
- Two coats of flex-coat slow cure finish
- Great strength, sensitivity and hook-setting power
The Best Value Inshore Spinning Rod
- Made of highest quality material
- Graphite rod blank construction that makes the rod durable and sensitive
- European spigot ferrule connection
- Accompanied with a waterproof travel bag with shoulder strap
- The carrying case could be further upgraded in terms of quality
The Okuma Nomad Xpress rod features a graphite rod blank construction which is very durable. The rod has 3-section rod blank so that it can be easily stored when travelling. The European spigot ferrule connection enables the rod to have the feel of a 1 pc rod.
Moreover, this rod comes with a waterproof travel bag with shoulder strap so that you can carry it comfortably on your fishing expeditions. The aluminum oxide guide inserts are backed by a 1-year warranty. The rod power is medium light and the rod taper is medium. This rod is 7′ in length and can handle a line weight of 10-20 lbs. 3-piece rod.
Features & Specs
- Product Dimensions: 84 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches; 7.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Number of guides: 6 + tip
- Split EVA butt with Pipe reel seat.
- Weighs 6.1. Ntxi-s-703ml
The Strongest Inshore Spinning Rod
- Sea-guide soft touch alien reel seat with positive lock design provides a secure platform for all reels
- Carbon bound blanks are spiraled with carbon thread creating unparalleled strength and precise action
- Fuji guides with stainless steel deep pressed frames with aconite inserts
- This rod comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- A few rods delivered to the customers had bent guides
The HMG has been in business for a long time and they were the first ones to manufacture a graphite rod. Fenwick has now come up with a comfortable and durable HMG that you would enjoy fishing with. TAC Handle gives a good grip in different fishing conditions, which is more durable than cork and also provides an easy grip in wet conditions.
Deep pressed titanium guides help remove the insert pop-out. The carbon bound blanks are spiraled with carbon thread and this provides great strength and precise action. So, if you are looking for a rod with excellent strength then you should go for Fenwick HMG Spinning Fishing Rod. It is also highly durable making it a good option for sustainable fishing equipment as it lasts long and you don’t have to invest in a new one anytime soon.
Features & Specs
- Fuji Reel Seats
- Custom grooved handles with TAC and EVA blend that provide great comfort
- AAA cork full grip handle
Best Inshore Spinning Rod - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
An inshore fishing rod is designed for fishing in shallow waters and is very similar to traditional fishing tools that were used for fishing in calmer waters. Inshore rods are used for angling within approximately 9 miles of the shoreline. These rods work well for small and medium fish that do not weigh more than 20 pounds.
One of the major differences between an inshore rod and a freshwater rod is that inshore rods can withstand corrosion as they are used in salty waters. On the other hand, freshwater rods get ruined in the ocean water because of heavy corrosion.
An inshore rod and reel selection will depend on the type of fish that you are looking forward to catch. The heavy rods are good for catching redfish, tarpon, cobia, and tripletail. The length of the heavy inshore rods varies between 7 – 7 1/2 feet in length.
There is no particular size that works best as it all boils down to your fishing requirements. Also, all anglers have different heights and so it is difficult to find a size that fits all. So before investing in an inshore rod keep your height into consideration so that the rod is easy to maneuver. The commonly used sizes among anglers are 6’6 and 7’. These sizes help you cast long distances with ease and also enable you to catch moderately sized fish.
Happy Inshore Fishing
We have provided you with all the details for selecting an excellent inshore fishing rod that is also affordable. However, you need to keep in mind that your rod should be paired with a good reel to get the best results. So, it is crucial to match the rod and reel properly to get the highest performance that you are looking for. Happy fishing!