If you are a beginner and just trying your hand at baitcasting then it is wise to go for a rod that doesn’t cost you much. Baitcasting rods can be very expensive, going up to 600$ or more but those are designed for professional anglers who have mastered the techniques. We have selected the best baitcasting rod under 100 in 2020, so that you can choose the right one for your needs without having to worry about the price. Let’s look at each of the products in more detail.
Quick Overview - Best Baitcasting Rod under 100$ 2020
Quick Comparison - Best Baitcasting Rods under $100
As a beginner or as a recreational angler it is best to go for a relatively cheaper rod but you need to keep in mind some factors that will help you choose the best rod according to your requirements. Let’s take a look at these important considerations.
The Best Baitcasting Rods under 100 – Our Top Picks
The Best All Around Baitcasting Rod under 100$
- 24-ton graphite construction that offers more durability
- Stainless steel guides with Titanium Oxide inserts for heavy line pressure
- High density EVA handles for increased comfort
- Texas-rigged hook keeper for increased compatibility with a wide range of bait applications
- The reel collar may get separated after repeated usage
If you are looking for a versatile baitcast fishing rod that works great for on-the-water applications then Abu Garcia Vengeance Casting Fishing Rod is a great choice. This rod is made up of 24-ton high modulus graphite that is durable as well as light weight.
You don’t have to worry about heavy line pressure with this rod as it is made up of stainless-steel guides and titanium inserts that are robust and work well with braided lines and big fish. The handles are made of high-density EVA foam material and are designed for durability and comfort as you can easily hold the handle for long hours. The blank exposed reel seats ensure that maximum sensitivity is transferred to your hands. Also, the Abu Garcia Vengeance Casting Fishing Rod has a Texas-rigged hook keeper that is compatible with a wide range of bait applications. So, if you want awesome performance at a good value then it is wise to invest in this one.
Features and Specs
- Style Name: 7′ – Medium Heavy – 1pcs
- Product Dimensions: 84.2 x 1.2 x 1.6 inches; 7 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
The Best Value Baitcasting Rod under 100$
- Clear tip design for strength and sensitivity
- Durable and lightweight EVA grips
- A strong, yet light rod that delivers balance and sensitivity with Ugly Tech graphite and fiberglass construction
- Ugly Tuff guides yield maximum durability and reduce the rod’s overall weight
- There have been many instances of faulty items being shipped to the customers from this brand
The GX2 series is the next generation of Ugly Stik that is a combination of new technology and tradition. These rods have great strength and durability that are synonymous with this brand. The rods provide a good balance for a lighter feel and you don’t have to worry about getting tired while holding them. Moreover, the GX2 series has improved parts and looks more stylish than the earlier versions.
If you are looking for a rod that combines sensitivity and strength then you should for Ugly Stik GX2 Casting Rod as it made up of graphite and steel that make it robust. The Ugly Tuff one-piece stainless-steel guides provide great durability. And don’t forget the price point you are getting this quality product for. This is a cheap baitcasting rod, but you would not know it!
Features and Specs
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Parcel Dimensions: 101.9 x 8.6 x 6.1 cm
The Best Baitcasting Rod under 100$ in Terms of Sensitivity
- An O-Seat Design that increases the contact between your palm and the grip to save you up to 35% more energy when fighting big fish
- Easy to hook and unhook your baits
- Provides smooth and long casting distance
- Gives you super comfortable touch with EVA foam handles
- Although the tip of this rod is flexible it may break off with use of heavy lures
If you are looking for a sensitive and durable rod then Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Rod is a great option. This rod is made with good quality IM6 carbon that has precisely wrapped guides at four different angles. The 8+1 strategic distribution of these guides ensures consistent and smooth power transition throughout the bend that guarantees great performance. Pure Power Transition implies that you will get good control when fighting with big fish and also with strong hooksets.
The Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Rod is extremely light and you can comfortably hold it in your hand for hours at a stretch without getting fatigued. The manufacturers have come up with this model after consultation with seasoned anglers to ensure that each technique specific action is designed keeping the angler’s comfort in mind. Moreover, to make you derive maximum benefit from your time on water the weight and length are also designed purposefully.
The best part is that this rod has a plethora of high-end features that are available at a reasonable price. These features include an ergonomic high strength graphite reel seat, a “S” style hook keeper, high-density EVA grips, and a 30 Ton sanded smooth carbon blank. Also, you need not worry about the quality of this rod as you get a lifetime warranty on all Piscifun rods.
Features and Specs
- Style Name: Casting-1pc-7’2″ Heavy
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds
The Best Professional Baitcasting Rod under 100$
- 24-ton carbon matrix KastFlex technology blanks that provide good sensitivity, power, and performance
- Line guides for superior casting distance
- One-piece bass technique lengths & actions that are designed specifically for bass fishing anglers
- The eyelets at the tip of some poles have jagged interiors making it difficult to tie the hooks and lures
If you have a low budget and are on a look out for a baitcasting rod that can be used in fishing tournaments then the KastKing Royale Select Fishing Rod is a great option. These rods are designed for professional anglers. The Toray 24-ton carbon matric KastFlex graphite blanks provide an extremely light design. Moreover, this material also makes the rod highly sensitive and durable.
The rod length and actions are designed for bass fishing techniques so that you have the prefect rod when catching your favorite fish. You can choose the type of rod according to your fishing technique. The manufacturers have come up with different rods for jigging, swimbaits, shaky hands, drop shot etc. Another important feature of these rods is that they have Fuji O-ring guides that work well with different types of lines such as mono, fluoro, and braid. These guides are beneficial in increasing the casting distance and keep your line safe from extreme fishing situations.
The reel seats of this rod are made of nylon and provide a strong base for baitcaster reels so that you can fish comfortably for long hours. The best part is that KastKing fishing rods have limited lifetime warranty that gives you complete assurance and you don’t have to worry in case anything happens to your rod.
Features and Specs
- Style Name: D: Casting 7’3″-Medium – Fast-1pc
- Shipping Weight: 4.6 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Anglers use a baitcasting rod along with baitcasting reel that has a revolving spool and is placed on top of the rod with a trigger handle. This arrangement is different from a spinning reel that is placed below a spinning rod and has the line guides pointing down.
The baitcasting rod and reel combo are used to cast the bait into the water. These can be used to catch large fish.
Fiberglass rods are a good choice if you are looking for something that is durable and less expensive. These can be used to catch large fish that do not need much sensitivity. However, if you want a rod that is highly sensitive then go for graphite ones. Although they are expensive as compared to their counterparts, graphite rods have a fast action and their thickness produces hook sets that are stronger.
7 foot is a good length for a baitcaster rod as it provides a good casting distance and is great for casting spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. Go for a rod that has optimal length and great sensitivity. For more info on different rod types check out our article on rods and reels!
We have selected the best baitcasting rods for you based on power, durability, flexibility and of course price. All of the rods have good features and have versatile applications. So, opt for the one that best suits your requirements and have a fun-filled fishing adventure!